Normal Opening Hours
Manchester GP Surgeries are here for you at evenings and weekends.
The practice, working in collaboration with Manchester Extended Access, is pleased to offer access to GP, nurse and HCA appointments during the evenings and at weekends.
To book appointments simply ask the receptionist who will arrange an appointment at a time and location that suits you. This may not be at your usual practice, but the GP or Health Care Professional who sees you will have access to your medical record and can issue prescriptions if required and deal with other matters appropriately should the need arise.
Click here for more information on the Manchester Extended Access Service.
When the surgery is closed:
- If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111
- If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency.
- Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles
- NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
You should call 111 when:
- you think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service. NHS 111 can book you an arrival time which helps with social distancing AND your wait time.
- the GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice. NHS 111 can book you an appointment with a walk-in clinic.
- you don’t know who to call for medical help.
When to call 999
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
- Major Accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain.
Walk in Centre Information
There are three NHS Walk-in centres in Manchester. These centres deal with:
- Minor illnesses
- Minor injuries
- Emergency contraception
You don’t need an appointment – just drop in. (Check first with each organisation due to the current COVID-19 pandemic)
City Health Centre
2nd Floor, Boots, 32 Market Street,
Manchester, M1 1PL
Tel: 0161 839 6227
Open seven days a week: 8am - 8pm
Hawthorn Medical Centre
Unit K - Fallowfield Retail Park
Tel: 0161 220 6080
Monday - Friday
8:30am to 10:30am, 1pm to 3pm, 4:30pm to 6pm
Saturday and Sunday
10am to 12pm, 2pm to 4pm
Primary Care Emergency Centre
Manchester Royal Infirmary
Manchester M13 9WL
Tel: 0161 276 5193
Monday to Friday: 8.30am-10pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays: 10am -10pm